CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Crib Skirt







I wanted a crib skirt for the crib as a way to store more things for the baby, like I said this room is pretty small and I need all the space I can find. I plan on placing plastic bins under with clothes that might not fit her yet, or toys. I was perusing online and saw some really great tutorials on how to make your own, and they seemed simple enough, so I tried my had at it. I went to the thrift store and amazingly I came across one for a $1 and snatched it up. I knew I had to make one a lot longer but I used it for the basic shape. I had this fabric for the longest time and I even forgot I had it, and it happens to be my colors I am doing the nursery in. I am not a great sewer and I sat down staring at the fabric for a while thinking on how I was going to attack this, because they say measure twice cut once. I almost cut the fabric not realizing the pattern would be sideways. I cut 3 inc. panels for the front so it would be long enough. Total time it took me 4hrs, total cost $1 . I am super thrilled that it actually came out looking like a crib skirt. I am having so much fun making things for my little girl :).

0 comments: